Hello Aspirants!SBI junior associate 2022 exam is around the corner and here you have a golden opportunity to get placed in India’s largest public sector bank. A total of 5486 vacancies have been released by the bank along with the official notification for the SBI Recruitment 2022 and millions of candidates are all set to apply for their dream job.
In such a competitive scenario, you must be searching for a panacea to crack SBI Clerk 2022 exam in the first attempt. Well, “success has no shortcuts”. Striving for success without working hard is like trying to harvest where you haven’t planted. Nowadays cracking a competitive exam is no piece of cake unless you are aware of all the ins and outs of the exam. Understanding the exam pattern and developing an effective strategy to it is the first step toward reaching your goal.
In this article, we’ll discuss the 5 most important tips to crack SBI Clerk 2022 examinationin the first attemptthat will help you clear your vision and build a streamlined roadmap to ace the exam smoothly.
5 tips to crack SBI Clerk 2022 / SBI Junior Associate 2022 Examination
- Understand the examination pattern
- Balance your speed with accuracy
- Approach the questions smartly
- Spend time on mock tests and analysis
- Sharpen your strengths and work on your weaknesses
1. Understand the examination pattern
Well begun is half done.A good beginning almost assures success, therefore, it is essential for an aspirant to begin the preparation for SBI Clerk 2022 in the best manner possible by developing an accurate preparation planand understanding the pattern and syllabus of the examination. Getting familiar with the pattern and having an overview of the syllabus for the SBI clerk 2022 examination will help an aspirant design an effective plan of action to prepare for the examination.
Before diving into the SBI clerk2022 preparation strategy, let us have a quick look at the examination pattern for SBI.The SBI Clerk 2022 selection process is carried out in three phases:
- Online Preliminary Exam
- Online Main Exam
- Language Proficiency Test
Prelims is the initial stage of the recruitment process. At this stage, a candidate needsto score more than the overall cutoff to qualify for the main examination.
The preliminary phase is qualifying in nature, i.e, the score obtained in the preliminary examination is not added to the further processes. The structure for the preliminary examination for SBI clerk 2022 would be as follows:
|S.No.||Name of test||No. of questions||Maximum marks||Duration|
|1.||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2.||Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|3.||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
However, the SBI clerk mains exam is the scoring part of the recruitment process and the candidate needs to score well during this phase to be on a shortlist. The merit list for the SBI clerk 2022 examinationis released based on the marks obtained in the main examination.
|S. No||Name of test||No of questions||Maximum marks||Duration|
|1.||Reasoning Ability &Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|2.||General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|3.||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
|4.||General/Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
|Total||190||200||2 Hours 40 minutes|
Note: There will be negative marks for wrong answers in the Objective tests in phases I & II. 1/4th of the mark assigned for a question will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Shortlisted candidates after the second phase of the SBI Clerk 2022 examinationwill be invited for the language proficiency test specified for the opted language as a part of the selection process. It will be conducted after qualifying the online main examination but before joining the Bank. Candidates who fail to qualify the language proficiency test will not be offered the appointment letter. Candidates who produce 10th or 12th standard mark sheet/ certificate evidencing having studied the specified opted local language will not be required to undergo the language test.
2. Balance your speed with accuracy
Theexamination will be conducted in online mode with a sectional time limit for each subject. Therefore, speed and accuracy in SBI Clerk 2022 examination will be the two main factors that would decide the fate of a candidate in the examination.
As per the past cutoff trends for the SBI Clerk examination, one should try to score 80+ marks in the preliminary examination to get qualified for the next phase. Therefore the candidate should try to attempt at least 30 questions out of 35 in quantitative aptitude and reasoning and a minimum of 25 questions out of 30 in the English language section. A candidate needs to devise his own strategy for the SBI Clerk 2022 examination that will help him to attempt the maximum number of questions with precision within the stipulated time.
In many cases, candidates fail to achieve accuracy while trying to maximize their attempts. They complain about their reduced scores due to silly calculation mistakes while solving the questions quickly. In other cases, candidates try to answer the questions accurately and lapse a lot of time in the process, due to which they are unable to attempt the required number of questions to clear the exam.
This balance of accuracy with speed for the SBI Clerk 2022 examinationcan only be maintained through consistent and deliberate practice. The first focus of an aspirant while practicing should be on accuracy and while doing so he should slowly increase the speed of solving questions. The following steps can be followed to maintain this required speed-accuracy balance in SBI Clerk 2022 examination:
- Clear your basics: Before entering the field of short tricks, one should make it clear how that trick was created in the first place. Each short trick has some shortcomings. A short trick created for a particular type of question may not apply to other questions of the same topic.
- Devise your own short tricks: You can devise your own short tricks while practicing which will certainly help you to save time and maximize your attempts in the SBI Clerk 2022 examination.
- Reduce the use of pen and paper:Candidates should try to reduce the use of pen and paper as much as possible and train their minds to mentally deal with the questions.
- Sharpen your mental calculation skills: Doing random calculations mentally during your preparation phase will help you to sharpen your mental calculation skills which will help you to save your calculation time and will work as a confidence-booster inSBI Clerk 2022 examination.
- Learn the Cubes and Squares by heart: Learning squares from 1-30 and cubes from 1-15 will help you to improve your calculation speed and attempt more questions in the saved time.
- Practice and practice: You become what you consistently practice, therefore you should consistently practice the above steps through the SBI clerk 2022 mock tests to achieve the required speed and accuracy.
3. Approach the questions smartly
Time is the biggest constraint in this examination. A smarter approach inSBI junior associate 2022 examinationis very important to attempt the maximum number of questions within the stipulated time limit.
Asper the past trends for SBI Clerk 2022 examination,puzzles/seating arrangements cover most of the reasoning section which is the most time-consuming topic of the exam. You can start with inequalities, direction-sense, syllogism, and alphanumeric series which are the scoring as a time-saving part of this section, and then move to the puzzles.
You can follow the below-mentioned steps as a smarter approach:
- As soon as you enter the section, quickly take a bird's eye view of the complete section and mark the questions you’re going to attempt first as per your strength of the topic.
- You should be familiar with the type of questions that might appear in the SBI Clerk 2022 examination you will be able to attempt within seconds in each section and should approach them first. This will help you to build the required confidence required at the initial level.
- It would be better to break each section into two halves. In the first half, you should attempt all the easy-to-do questions and solve them as fast as possiblesaving time for the tricky ones. In the second half, you should attempt the difficult questions which require the most of your saved time.
- Do not take any of the questions to your ego and master the art of skipping. Getting hooked up with a question can be a huge risk. If you are unable to solve any question in the first go, mark it and move on to the next question without wasting a second. Once you are done with all the easy questions, move on to the marked ones.
4. Spend time on mock tests and analysis
“The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle”. SBI Clerk 2022 mock tests are the simulation of the actual exam, therefore, practicing a mock test dailywill give you a good idea of the examination pattern and syllabus for the SBI Clerk 2022 examinationand wisely decide the type of questions that should be attempted first to maximize the score in the exam.
According to the toppers,thefollowing are the key benefits of regularly attempting mock tests before an SBI clerk 2022 examination:
- Mock tests help you to understand yourstrengths &weaknesses. Having clarity of the strengths and weakness helps you to build a streamlined roadmap for your preparation.
- Attempting mocks allows you to experiment with different strategiesand discover what works best for you.
- It gives you a clear idea of the number of safe attempts that would be required in each section to clear the SBI clerk 2022 examination.
- SBI clerk mock testschallenge the candidate’s performanceby comparing his performance to the topper which motivates him to get out of his comfort zone and perform to the best of his ability.
- Solving mocks will give you a clear idea of theSBI Clerk 2022 examination pattern and the questions that might appear in the exam which helps you to handle the examination anxiety and help you to remain calm and confident during the examination.
- Scoring well enough in mock tests provides you the required confidence to perform well in the exam.
Just taking a mock test is not enough. You should spend enough time analyzing the mock test thoroughly and drawing insights into your performance.After attempting anSBI Clerk 2022 mock test, you should compare your performance with your competitors, who took that test, through a detailed report.
Testzone mocks are designed in a way that gives you a reality check of your preparation and shares a clear idea of where you stand among your competitors by comparing you with your past self and with the topper’s performance.
Click here to understand the various features of testzone that make it the best test series for the SBI Clerk 2022 examination.
Let us understand the main points to be kept in mind while analyzing a mock test:
- Keep track of the number of questions you were able to attempt within the given time limit in each section of each mock test. For clearing the SBI clerk 2022 examination, attempting the maximum number of questions with accuracy should be your goal.
- Keep a track of the amount of time spent by you on each question and compare it with the average time spent on that question. You should also compare it with the amount of time spent by the topper on that question through the comparison filter of the Testzone. This will give you a clear idea of the topics where you can save your time and invest it elsewhere to score more in the SBI Clerk 2022 exam.
- Compare your performance with the topper’s performance in SBI clerk mock testsand try to hold a candle to his performance with each test. You should also compare your performance with your past selfto challenge yourself even better. The smart analysis feature of Testzone helps you through yourSBI clerk 2022 preparation by providing all the required comparative filters.
- Identify your mistakes while going through the solution. Note down the type of question where mistakes are prominent and practice those questions on a regular basis to minimize those mistakes and boost your score in the upcoming tests.
- Determine your topic strength within Reasoning, Quantitative aptitude, English language, and General/Financial awarenesswhere your speed and accuracy are maximum, and attempt those questions in the first go.
Click here to attempt a full-length SBI Clerk mock 2022 test now!
5. Sharpen your strengths and work on your weaknesses
Being aware of your weaknesses can be your biggest strength. To crack the SBI clerk 2022 examination in the first attempt, knowing your strength is as important as knowing your weaknesses. Taking a mock test daily and analyzing your performance will help you to become familiar with your positives and negatives.The performance graph feature of “Testzone” prepares a detailed report of your strong and weak topics in numerical as well as graphical form that helps you to visualize your performance in a better way.
Identifying the type of questions that you always solve quickly and correctly will display your topic strength.While taking SBI Clerk 2022 mocks, you should constantly try to minimize the amount of time you spend on those questions which will help you to save time for the weaker topics.
Questions that you generally skip or get incorrect or on which you spend too much time display your weakness. You should work on such topics from the basic level and clear your concepts for such topics. After working on your concepts, you should take a topic-wise SBI Clerkmock testto increase your speed and accuracy for your weaker topics to convert them into your strength.
Remember, “successful people are not gifted, they work hard and succeed on purpose”. Soyou need to keep yourself motivated during this phase and practice as much as possible. Following the above-mentioned tips will definitely help you get through this preparatory phase and pass theSBI Clerk 2022 examination with flying colours.
Thanks & Regards (Team Smartkeeda)